Monday, December 31, 2012

The Promises of 2012

everything about this year was too fast, too full. memories of good and not-so-good times filled the year. moments of joy and pain, challenges and victories, breakthroughs and setbacks brought so much color into this year. i experienced tears from pain i never had before, but at the same time new found happiness that kept me alive. i am most grateful this year for God's peace, for with whatever i went through, i felt secure. i felt His comforting hand touching my heart and giving me hope and strength.

and in all of those times, i held on and moved on with life because of the words that kept me going. the power of daily Bible reading and prayer is indeed strong; it really made me stand during down times and made my heart humble on those times i was on a high.

as this year ends, i decided to share on this blog the words that encouraged me this year. as some would reminisce of the best memories, i thought of looking back into how God has been faithful to me through His word. if there was one thing that remained consistent the year in my life, it was His promises. i've had gained much this year, but i lost a few too. this year allowed me to grow and be strengthened in Him.

i started off this year (and blog, hehe) claiming that this would be a year of fulfilling God's promises. and true enough, His words became alive in my life. :)

Psalm 30:5
"For his anger lasts inly a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

Habbakkuk 3:19
"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like a feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."

Luke 4:18-19
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Mark 10:27
"With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Isaiah 40:29-31
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Psalm 9:10
"..for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."

Philippians 4:7
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Job 5:18
"For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal."

Romans 8:38 (NLT)
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love."

James 1:3
"..because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Corinthians 15:57-58
"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

2 Corinthians 4:16-17
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

Nehemiah 8:10
"Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

Psalm 18:30
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him."

Hebrews 11:40
"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us they would be made perfect."

to end this year and on to starting the new one, this is the word i have received:

"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand." - Isaiah 41:10

this 2012 has been a year of strengthening, preparations for greater things ahead. this coming year, looking forward to conquering fears and developing courage. facing 2013 with nothing but faith and more promises of a better future.

grateful how 2012 made me strong.
and to a braver year ahead - CHEERS 2013!

"God has brought you too far to leave you where you are. He has something great in your future!"
- Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment