Saturday, August 25, 2012

the bookworm in me

i've always been a fan of reading, ever since i was a kid. because we had this bookshelf filled with illustrated storybooks (mostly of Bible stories), i fell in love with reading and getting lost in the wonders of the stories. in school, it was never a chore for me to do readings (note: novels and story-related readings, not geeky-slash-nerdy science stuff or whatever, but i can barely survive). way back in high school, i can finish a book in one sitting - that's how into it i get when it comes to reading.

i read more for relaxing and stress-relieving, rather than for learning. i mostly like feel good books and inspirational ones. i read mostly fiction, but not much of those mystery-thriller types. i prefer those with happy endings (haha, so fairytale-ish), but i also prefer reading ones that would make me think and emotional.

anyway, since i got my iPhone early this year, i got so excited with the iBooks app. finally i can carry around a "library" with me anywhere, without any bulk, and i can read anytime! since then, i've filled it with books that i've been wanting to read for so long, and new ones that i feel are expensive for me to buy! grateful for all these free epub books downloading site, i've been saving a lot of money (HAHA) and it fills up my "library"! now i have so much to read, i wish i can have MORE time!

currently on my 11th book til i complete my reading challenge for this year. i made my reading challenge more "workable" this year, 12 books assuming 1 book per month, because last year i set my goal to 20 and didn't get to reach even half! (i was soooo busy then too, and not so much money to buy books! haha, being defensive!) i feel proud of myself for being able to go through with the challenge and being (according to Goodreads) 3 books ahead of schedule! and, i still have waaaaaay more books in store in my library that i HOPE i can read all of them by this year. :>

current books on my itunes library! book count: 20 books.
done with 7 of them, currently reading one. 
before i started reading from my "library", i was able to buy 3 books for the first 3 months of the year. i blogged the first one over here, which sadly, i wasn't able to continue doing with the rest. :( i'll just give a brief run down of the ones i loved, and some others:

top 3 favorites:
• John Green's The Fault in Our Stars
oh how i love Augustus Waters! :")
• Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower
read it because the movie's coming out soon, but i fell in love with it more than i thought!
• Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall
how she writes those thrills.. i cannot explain. once you start it, you won't be able to bring it down.

books i'm excited to read:
• Why We Broke Up (Daniel Handler)
• Will Grayson, Will Grayson (mainly because John Green and David Levithan are the authors, haha)
• Delirium Trilogy (Lauren Oliver)

anyway, i record what i've been reading and planning to read on my Goodreads profile. you're welcome to add me there as a friend! though i still haven't explored that so much, i promise to update it soon (and more often, hihi). nerd much, i know.

PS. any other recommended readings? i have no plans to read the Fifty Shades trilogy, not a fan of those kinds of books.

2 comments:

  1. The Book Thief and Looking for Alaska :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi ria! i've read Looking for Alaska na also. thanks, i will search for The Book Thief! :D

      Delete